*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719375-Prologue---attempt-2-NEW
Rated: 13+ · Preface · Young Adult · #1719375
My second attempt to the prologue.
I wanted desperately to escape my life—and succeed. There are many other possibilities other than this. I never saw it, or them, lurking around us.

The enemy stood in the dark space with his eyes on me. I leaned up against a hard, wet wall trying to stop the tears I never had before. I was holding my breath being careful not to exhale. My eyes searched for him beside me, hoping to find a hand. It was only logical to think he was dead. I was scared, ready to scream knowing nobody would hear me. The figure of the enemy was getting closer and quick.

My conscious fought with me back and forth, telling me it wasn’t safe to see him again. I didn’t regret not listening. It was an escape from being alone, the ultimate escape to kill off my previous life. I continued to tell myself I would never let myself fall for someone that wasn’t my idea of normal.

I was ready to forget it all. The enemy raised his arm slowly before striking down quickly
© Copyright 2010 C.N. Clark (cassiec23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719375-Prologue---attempt-2-NEW