*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720121-The-Halloween-Angel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1720121
Does a man deserve better becasue of the way he treats others?
This is just the intro to the Angel.







         It’s the night before Halloween. A light lethargic rain falls on the town while the moon is its usual blood red color as it is the night before every Halloween. Everyone in this neighborhood are hiding inside their homes because they know what happens around this time of year… except one brave man. His name is quite unknown, though he is known by all as a friend and a vicious enemy. He is dressed in his red sweeper coat that goes down to his ankles as always, and wearing his wide brimmed hat making him look like someone from way out West.          He leaves his home under the moonlight. The icy breeze of October brushes against his pale cheeks and brings goose bumps up his spine. However he loves the feeling of the chilly fall it’s what lets him come out; it’s what leads him and motivates him to come out of the shadows of his apartment.  He sees the immense aspheric moon just guiding him to his destination. It’s calling him towards the people and civilization to the sounds of human voices demanding treats. To help anyone and anything in any way he can. His motive for life here. To make existence that much more tolerable.          The air begins to whisper in his ear and he spots a black cat creeping around the dirty corner. Its big green eyes are the only thing that can be seen in the darkness, staring at him with an mysterious and eerie texture.  The whispers become silent.  He moves forward, reaching down to pick up the dark creature with hesitation.  Suddenly, it jumps with a screech into the protection of his arms.  A shadow was coming for them, hunger raging through its soul.  There was almost nothing left to do but run.          As he ran for his life, the shadow decided to play cat-and-mouse with the man. When he jumped the shadow hid, after he stopped, the shadow decided to stop with him but on top of his body. There was this one man in the neighborhood that was always attends to be looking out the window. So as he tends to look out the window he saw a shadow on top of the unnamed man. He was yelling at the guy to run because the shadow was on top of him.          He was hoping he didn't have to do this. He quickly set down the cat and pulled out his trusted nine chambered revolver and shoved it in the shadow's face. It’s not like he goes out unprepared. He fired off a shot into the shadow and as the quickly as the round sounded off, it was dead. As he inspected the “corpse”, he saw that it was the angry spirit of a Demon enraged by the existence of humans. Poor thing… never had a chance against an Angel.          He moves on to the city to help the trick-or-treaters with their quest for sweets. He never really did understand the concept of Halloween. Little boys and girls dress up as cute or "scary" things, and they get candy. Of all things to spend life doing... They spend it in an unknown bliss that they believe keeps the Demons away, little to their knowledge it's the exact opposite. It pisses them off. A lot. To the point were they come out of hiding and try to terrorize towns. Guess whose shoulders this falls on? He thinks about founding a school to help the world. A school that would train those with the intent to help the world. He could call it the Angel Knight Academy. He fervently hopes that he will get the chance soon. Someday, maybe someday... He will.
© Copyright 2010 Crimson Angel (chiakatsuki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720121-The-Halloween-Angel