*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720249-Im-Lost
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1720249
It's hard to find your way around when everything looks the same!
“Now I’m lost” I thought looking up and down the street. It all looks the same – street lamps all in a row, cookie cutter homes. Even with the feeling of being lost, the neighborhood brought a sense of peace and calmness. It appears as though it’s a friendly neighborhood where neighbors would know and spend time together. Some people have children; that’s obvious from the toys on the front lawn and strollers on the porch. The odd house has smoke rising from the chimney, and the faint smell of fire lingers in the air. The stars are brighter here, not a cloud in the sky. Deciding to go left or right I want to find someone, anyone who can give me directions, but there’s no one around. “Where am I?” An eerie feeling falls, it’s quite, too quiet. “Hello? Well at least I’m not going deaf”. I decide to walk up to the front porch of a house. As I reach up to ring the bell the lights turn off, I try and justify why that might have happened. A million answers run through my head, not all of them are reassuring though. I ring the bell but no answer. Next door the same thing happens, I proceed to ring the bell but before I can the lights turn out. I listen for any activity inside the house and hear nothing. That feeling of peace and serenity is now replaced with fear and unease. Turning around and walking down the stairs to the path I hear footsteps. They are quick, someone walking with a purpose. Just as quickly as I hear the footsteps I see him. I smile politely, not sure what else to do. He is an attractive man, his attire suggests he is from around here; he is well dressed with comfortable shoes. I open my mouth to ask for directions, but the man cuts me off. His voice is deep and authoritative and under normal circumstances I would want to hear him speak more, but what he says sends chills down my spine. “We need to get you out of here now!”


Don't forget to check out my blog - http://cgreyes.wordpress.com/
© Copyright 2010 Crystal Reyes (cgreyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720249-Im-Lost