*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720327-Misguided-Desire
by Jade
Rated: ASR · Prose · Emotional · #1720327
The first part in what I think will become a short story.
It all started with a chance meeting; Seeing her on a crowded street. The sound of rain hitting pavement and umbrellas. People rushing to the safety of a warm and cozy spot out of the dreary dampness. Everyone but her. There she stood, still in the midst of the desperate scramble. Most of her was hidden under clothing that was much too large for her tiny frame, but I could see enough to tell she was beautiful, I dare even say hauntingly so, with wild red hair half matted down with droplets of rain shining like an early morning dew. That was all it took, that one brief moment in time, to know that I needed her.
    If only I had known how easy it would be to give myself entirely to her, and how difficult she would later make it to crawl out from beneath her jagged claws. Maybe then I would have kept walking, chalked her up to another beautiful girl in this world of many, but I didn't, and that is how the nightmare began.
    I will spare you, my dear reader, the details of our brief but beautiful courting dance, for hearing them will only make you fall in love with her, painting a picture of deceit that you won't truly see until it is too late, just as I have; Lets just fast forward to when the trouble really began, shall we?


© 2010 ladyjade
© Copyright 2010 Jade (lady_jade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720327-Misguided-Desire