*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720344-Life-is-Unfair
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1720344
It begins as a lamentation against the unfairness in life


         "That's not fair!"  How many times have we heard that?  How many times have we said that?  But have you ever thought about the other side of the coin?  What is fair?  Is there anything man-made or natural that is fair?
         We are asking our family, our bosses, our spiritual, and government leaders to do the impossible?  If we can't think of a single thing that is perfectly fair, we can not expect someone to come up with a fair system.  It's not even possible, if you have a couple kids, to keep things fair between the two of them.    Please do keep this in mind as we discuss serious topics like national health care plans or immigration.  Or just the "little" things trying to figure out who has to wash the toilet that week.
         It's difficult to grasp even with all the technological advances that we have, life can continue to serve us a bitter gruel which we must stomach.  We continue to seek hopelessly and fruitlessly for some kind of security, and at times, we may get reach there.  But it's all an illusion that we are the mercy of the mystery and randomness of life.
         It's been a rough past couple weeks and I've adopted this idea in my head for a while.  But you know, there is something possibly fair in this universe.  One shining possibility:

         HOPE

         We can each hope for a better future.  We can hope for a better partner.  We can hope for better friends.  We can hope to lose weight or make more money.  We can hope to grow more hair or a grander house. 
         We can hope for a fair world.
         

         
         
© Copyright 2010 DukeOfOysters (dukeofoysters at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720344-Life-is-Unfair