*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721092-To-Dream-or-Not-to-dream
by lucky
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Emotional · #1721092
Why people would prefer to live in a dream world where they can be what they wish to be.?
A brand new Veyron was being driven at a sedate pace to the parking lot...It moved like a crouching tigress..all heads turned to look at the driver...the door opened and out stepped the most beautiful, enchanting and dignified female anyone would have ever seen....and guess who that was??!! who else but me!!.. of my imagination...This particular 'Not Me' me walked through the portals of the grand mall and into the conference hall where an informal party was going on.On being invited she (or should I say 'Not  Me' me??) got up on the stage and strummed her favorite tunes on the guitar, stealing every heart in the room...unfortunately for her admirers, she received an emergency call from her hospital (because she,like myself,was a dentist, but unlike myself was a really good and gifted Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon with specialization in trauma) and she zoomed off in her Veyron( I might change the brand of the car later,because Veyron seems a little too far fetched, even for my imagination) leaving behind 'hearts breaking like glass!!'

"Vava,vava..tea is ready,come downstairs" ..my amma's voice pierced through my 'castle in the air' and I came down to the mundane reality. Before my eyes, in plain black and white, I saw...Q.No.232)Ph of normal sweat is:
                                                a)1.2 b)4.5 c)7.4 d)9.1
(If they had asked for subnormal or supernormal I could have answered better or maybe the 'Not Me' me would have answered!!!)

Now let me introduce myself.... I am a Charu.B...technically the prefix Dr. can be added to my name...a totally insignificant member of the populace of a great nation who doesn't even exercise her 'right to vote in the right way'...I couldn't drive a Veyron even if the company offered me one for free!!! as for playing the guitar,I could strike a few notes, but that's it....and I do turn heads, but sadly enough in the opposite direction (ie.away from me), for  with my hair loose, I look like anyone's imagination of a person who received an electric shock!!! But to become a Surgeon specializing in trauma is a probability, except for the fact that, then I would spend the rest of my days taking Valium to calm my nerves!!

I am totally bored with what I am and what I do every day...which is going through multiple choice questions of the various medial and dental subjects with the hope that I will get through the post graduate entrance exams of at least one of the institutes offering the course.I feel like I am in a prison!..one of my own making of course!! I am forced to curb the time I  spend with my son and in front of the TV and computer, when actually I would rather be with my son or watch TV or browse through the net, than study for some unsure quest...(read as 'search for MDS admissions).It has been ages since I read a good book and the only 'event' that has taken place, of late, in my life is that I learnt how to drive a car (I hope!!) and I learnt that my ex-husband got married within four months of our divorce!!

I suppose its no wonder that I love to dream...for I can be, in the screen of my mind, that which I can never be in real life!!!
© Copyright 2010 lucky (charubala at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721092-To-Dream-or-Not-to-dream