*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721668-Prelude-Awakening
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1721668
Something is stirring in emptiness
Honest reviews are very welcome and will be reciprocated!

Prelude: Awakening


Not a breath of air stirs. Not a memory of sound disturbs the hush. Not a hint of colour shines through. Senses are left desolate, if sense could exist here.

Silence.

Darkness.

Even emptiness is parceled. Moments of nothing, strung onto a cord; a necklace of emptiness. Time. A place where nothing occurs. Space. Yet such is not the case, for all dimensions are forsaken. It is peaceful.

Comforting.

Safe. 

Out of the corner of one's eye, a half sensed movement flashes. A sense of restlessness emanates. A vast shadow stirs, sending ripples through the abyss. A flicker of annoyance crosses the vast divide. There is nothing left except emptiness, but it had not always been so. Echoes of emotions from ages past reverberate throughout the void.

Loss. And then nonexistence. Loss. And… Suffering… Where did that go? Could it be... gone?

Rage, torment, denial    It flinches away from thought.

It is cold. And dark. A dearth of warmth, a lack of light. And… Wet? That is not an absence.

NO! Emptiness is all there was and all there is! Nothing else, nothing else...

The sentience wraps emptiness around itself like a cloak and huddles around it in apotheosis. Agitated, it sinks back into oblivion. But the first emptiness, that Eternal Emptiness, was no more.


This is a prelude to a novel, which starts with "Kirina - Chapter 1 Excerpt 1 [13+]
© Copyright 2010 Kalistra (kalistra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721668-Prelude-Awakening