*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722130-The-Abyss
Rated: · Other · Environment · #1722130
I have never been exploring in the ocean, but this is what i hope to someday do.
The cool water rushes past me as I launch myself into the abyss. Slowly, as I take in my surroundings, I have found myself as a temporary inhabitant of this unhindered wold. But oh, how I wish I could stay forever. This is the mirror of the person I want to be-- the person I am. Colors invade my mind, coming from every direction as I study the depths of the beauty around me.
The swirling pink of the anemones, the dark shadow of the hammerhead circling his prey far in the distance. I can hear the song of the dolphins overhead, and as I begin to look up, my eye is caught by the spectacular nature of the coral reef. Sparkling so with life, life that I never imagined could exist. Everywhere I looked, there was a new creature to be seen. An amazing sea dragon, never to leave its home, as long as its life is spanned;A group of jelly fish, so translucent that I am afraid they may just disappear if I look away;the sea turtle, slow and calm, but somehow wise as it makes a path along the sea floor. And so many more legacies of the natural world that words cannot seem to grasp.
This is the moment I live for-- these moments of miraculous wonders. How could I be so lucky? One of the select few who is permitted to experience this other universe, and absolutely awestruck by my observations. If they only knew; if they could see, then they would not take this wonder for granted. But how could you expect to reveal the secret beauty that lies beneath the surface to the monsters of the world who would never cease to neglect its richness anyway? For those others, those who would care, I pity them. For they know not of the secrets that wait for them in the abyss. And for that, I am afraid, they will never know. So for now I am forced simply to give thanks for that honor which is given me, forever hopeful that someday, I may share my pride.
© Copyright 2010 kenzigirl7 (kenzigirl7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722130-The-Abyss