*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722830-Ever-After
by JenZ
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Fantasy · #1722830
This is a classic fairy tale about Princess Melody and Prince Eric and their adventures.
Ever After


I looked in the mirror at myself in my big white dress. It was strapless at the top with lace, and sparkles all the way down. The bottom came out, and it was perfect in every way. My brown hair was up with a clip that was white, and I had a few pins in, too so my hair wouldn't fall down. I sighed, and smiled at myself in the clear mirror with the brown wood outline. I heard a single knock on the door, and I turned myself around to the door. Eric's mother came in wearing a formal gown herself. The color was smooth pink, and she wore long sleeves. Her blonde hair was curled, and had a little daisy in her hair. She smiled at me softly, and came closer to look at my dress.
"You look beautiful." She said holding my hands out then gestured for me to spin.
"Thank you." I spun for her.
"One more thing." She to the dresser, and opened a drawer. Peeking in she dug around until she pulled out a small brown box. She smiled to me, and set it on the bed. "Go ahead, and open it." She gestured.
I went to the bed, and sat down. I carefully put my hand on the box. It had a design that looked like it was made from a feather. I opened the box slowly, and saw inside were 2 pairs of gloves. There was one that was white, and long that looked like it would come up to my elbow. Another was the same only it was ripped. I carefully took a ripped one out to look at it.
"Oh no, they ripped through the move." Eric's mother sat down on the other side of the box, and took the other glove out.
"They were yours?" I looked up at her as she examined the glove.
"They were, but they didn't survive." She frowned, and sighed. "Guess I will have to throw them out." She carefully grabbed the other glove out of my hand.
"No, wait," I said stopping her from getting up, "it's the new style." I began, and thinking of how to finish. "I mean it will be, let the gloves go on for another generation their beautiful, and I would be proud to wear them torn or not." I smiled, and took the gloves.
I went up to the mirror, and put the gloves on. They looked perfect on, and seemed beautiful still. I turned around and smiled trying to show her they still looked good. She came up to me, and looked like she was going to cry. Her eyes looked up trying to make sure she wouldn't cry, and looked back down at me with a smile.
"Now let's get you down to the wedding." She opened the door, and stood there in the doorway for me. "Come down to the ball room, and at the back entrance you will see my husband he'll do the honor of taking you down the aisle." She went to step out, but looked back. "Your parents would've been proud." She said, and then exited out the door.
I took one last look in the mirror, and smiled. My heart began beating faster as I exited the room, and went slowly down the stairs. I held on to the railing making sure I didn't fall, and walked across the ballroom. The ballroom had shiny white tile that I could see my own reflection in, cream walls with painting of other kinds, and queens, and statues. There were about 3 big chandeliers hanging above me that were like crystals giving off light. I made my way across seeing the back door opened with a man standing by it. As I came closer I saw it was the King, Eric's father, and he held out his hand for me.
"There you are." He smiled as I grabbed his hand. "We now must wait for the musicians to start playing." He sighed.
"I'm sorry if I'm late." I told him putting my arm in his.
"It's not you I was worried about." He made a smile with his white mustache.
He wore a white suit with a pink boe-tie, and flower pinned in that matched his wife's. He had a white mustache, and white hair.
© Copyright 2010 JenZ (jenz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722830-Ever-After