*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723400-Hey-Remember-that-time
Rated: E · Prose · Romance/Love · #1723400
A descriptive piece of writing that came out of my hands one night
The sky.

That’s all she saw.

Whether her eyes were searching his or admiring the backdrop to this wonderfully realistic dream, she saw her own personal sky. Within his eyes were their secrets of adoration and mutual need. The sky she tried to recreate in others, but never saw unless she was here, where she belonged, in his arms. Unless their noses brushed like careless flowers spreading their pollen of knowledge and emotional depth, unless their eyes locked like their lips soon would, pieces in the fragmented puzzle of emotion. Every moment their lips parted, the puzzle would shatter until made whole by the same action. She pulled her head away from his and lowered herself from her toes, only to bury her head deep into his chest.

“I can hear your heart beating,” she whispered, as if any greater a sound would break this tie to reality. His heart beat faster than she knew it would normally, and she knew how he felt. She knew from the way his lip twitched and his hands trembled, from the way certain words passed through his lips, that he felt her as she felt him. It was unlike the days they had spent to her right, his wonderful voice singing a song of laughter that filled her with uncontainable ecstasy, them swinging side by side as innocent as the child she remembered herself being. It was unlike the days ahead, spent at a place a distance away where his silence would fill her with uncontrollable longing. No, this was where she belonged.

So she closed her eyes as she inhaled the scent she would remember for years to come when all she wanted was him. Silently wincing, she took this moment and told herself to never let it go; because these are the days I wish I were there.

© Copyright 2010 in.a.haze (in.a.haze at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723400-Hey-Remember-that-time