*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723468-The-Way-Things-Go-prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Other · #1723468
When Sky gets involved with Emmett White, her life becomes a bit more jolted.
         I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling. A blue light radiated from my laptop cord. Normally, it would not bother me, nor hinder my ability to sleep. But tonight was different. Tonight I was wide awake. Peeved off, for some ridiculous reason. He was the reason. Everything tied back to him. Everything was his fault.
         I don't know exactly how I got involved in this. Well, I do. But, it's rather complicated. Thing is, when someone like Emmett White asks you a favor, you just don't say no. It's like, if the president of the United States of America came to your house, asking for a bottle of water you're not going to say no, are you? I didn't think so. You're going to run to the store and buy him one of those giant five-gallon jugs of water.
         Anyway, Emmett White. Let me explain something about Emmett White. He's Emmett mo-fo'ing White. That's just it. But for those of you who are a little bit slow, let me explain. Emmett White is like warm butter on toast, or melted chocolate. He just makes everything better. He's nice to everyone, and get's decent grades. Not to mention he's gorgeous. Just imagine how you imagine Edward Cullen looked before the movies were even thought about. Kind of. He's six foot tall, blue eyes, and this beautiful, long brown hair that he wears in a ponytail. He is so sexy.
         But enough about Emmett mo-fo'ing White, for now. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I'm five foot two inches, with red hair, and blue eyes. I'm white as paper, and have a small line of freckles marching across my cheekbones, right under my thick-rimmed, black glasses. I look like hipster version of Ginny Weasley, essentially. I wear my hair either in a nice bun, or in braided pigtails (which has coined me the nickname “Pippy” through out my school). But I never wear my hair down. I mean never. It covers my ears, which makes me flustered. Not to mention the hair getting in the way of whatever pot I'm throwing in ceramics. I'm a pretty quiet person, but not invisible. I'm just not noticed as much as some people.
         The relationship between Emmett and I simple. We sit next to each other in ceramics. He's such a good potter. All of his work comes out smooth. I guess you could say he's good with his hands, if that's not too cliché. But I digress. Emmett and I have exchanged words such as: “Hey”, “can you hand me that?”, “thanks”, “you're welcome”, and of course my favorite, “see ya tomorrow”. Occasionally when I was absent he would say, “welcome back” or “feeling better?”, in that case, I would say “thanks” or “yeah, I guess”, then smile awkwardly. It wasn't the best relationship, but hey, it works. But secretly I wish he would notice me more than the girl that sits next to him in class. I mean, what girl wouldn't?
© Copyright 2010 Veronika (worksofwords at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723468-The-Way-Things-Go-prologue