*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723885-Dear-Friend
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Teen · #1723885
Random musings of your typical teenage misfit - a practise excerise, nothing grand.
Dear Friend
Today has been confusing, and not just in a dramatic adolescent sense.

It started with my breakfast. Now, you may be laughing at this, but my morning routine is very regimented and I feel unsettled if it’s altered. Mother, who usually serves me bacon and buttered bread, set out a bowl of cinnamon flavoured porridge instead, “for a change”. I hate changes. I couldn’t have let my shock and disappointment show though, as she simply beamed and said that she was glad that I was eating ‘normally’ again, whatever normal was.

I still had the taste of the sweetly spicy cinnamon in my mouth when Mary-Ann came up to me at recess and asked if I wanted to be her lab partner for the week. You probably know of Mary-Ann Tredeck, and so understand my surprise as to why she would ask me of all people. Anyway, I accepted, and after she had gone back to her gaggle of friends I hoped it wasn’t just because of the A I got last year. I’d like to make some new friends. Mickey saw the whole exchange and approached me, impressed.

“Maybe it’s that new haircut, eh?”

“Yeah maybe”, but I was only half listening, by now focused on the resident ‘it’ couple strolling through the courtyard to join Mary-Ann’s group. They sat down together and began eagerly discussing their plans for the weekend. Both looked blissfully happy, but what was the realistic likelihood of them staying together though? And was life truly better as a couple? With rumours of huge arguments spreading I doubted it, but hey what do I know? I’m sorry for all of the questions, but I really need answers in my life right now.

From Bobby
© Copyright 2010 Stars Sparkle (nichecultsrule at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723885-Dear-Friend