*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724109-What-You-Wish-For
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1724109
Daily Flash Entry
Looking back now I see I could have stopped it. I should have seen the pattern; realized what was happening before it went as far as it did. At the trial no one wanted to hear my theories on electrical anomalies and outer forces. They just shook their heads; frowned at the floor.

The first time it happened I was transferring funds online. The screen went all white noise on me, like when the cable goes off. I had been looking out the window at the parched lawn wishing for rain and when I turned back the screen was filled with snow. All I could see was the “click here to continue” line, so I did. The snap of the key was followed by an intense clap of thunder as the skies opened up, providing us with our much needed precipitation.

The second occurrence was when I was researching trip ideas; flights, resorts. My husband and I had been having trouble since the last affair that he swore would never happen again and I thought perhaps a solo trip might do me some good while I decided what to do. I seem to recall pondering the benefits of a lottery win, even a small one as I clicked through the snowy screen and later that day I scratched a moderately successful ticket.

A few weeks later, after discovering yet another affair I began researching private detectives. I believe it was that night I was visualizing my cheating spouse just dropping off the face of the earth for good.

The evidence was all circumstantial, but it stuck. Lack of a body didn’t seem to matter once they scrutinized the computer activity and learned of the affairs.

Now I only use a pen and paper. It’s all the warden will give me.

© Copyright 2010 cheryl losch (closch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724109-What-You-Wish-For