*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724305-Daystar
Rated: · Other · Fantasy · #1724305
Written after being inspired by a book. written in like 5th grade.
Daystar’s Story

Daystar’s mother Cimorene came out of the enchanted forest carrying a very special sword. Daystar was fixing the door, which a wizard rammed down, when she did this, she came up to Daystar and said “this is for you, go into the enchanted forest and go do the thing you’re supposed to do.” “Huh?” said Daystar, his mother said “Out! just go along, you’ll find out, don’t come home ‘til you have done it.” So Daystar went out into the enchanted forest where he finds a fire-witch crying behind a bush and releases her. Going on they meet a young wizard. The wizard almost kills them but, Daystar saves them with his magic sword. The wizard’s staff blows up and the wizard disappears. It was found an elf did it, and Shiara the fire-witch to take care of the pieces for him. Daystar touched the pieces and burned his arm. The elf was found to be an enemy of the wizards. Suddenly they saw a cat, it started walking so they followed it. The cat led them to a house where a witch lives. She had 13 cats, she mends Daystar’s arm and gives them a place to sleep. The next morning she gives them directions and a magical bundle that always contains the things they need. The directions were to follow Stream where they found a princess and then a wizard comes who later disappears followed by a young dragon who says he will keep the princess as his princess. The princess screams “NO!” has her Knight arrives declaring to slay the dragon it ends up becoming a tournament. The young dragon decided it wanted to go along with Shiara and Daystar. The dragon said he knew a shortcut which they decided to take. Shiara saw a big clearing, since she was a fire witch she knew what it was. It’s an invisible castle, she said she stood like a statue in fright. Suddenly there was a voice, it walked over and stood right in front of Shiara. Daystar asked “Where’s Shiara?” oh she’s right there. Shiara was a statue, he tried an old rhyme his mom taught him, it did not work. When a little lizard said “well kiss her!” Daystar kissed her, Shiara immediately came back to life. “Daystar, what are you doing?” They went around another way and walked into another clearing, fire sprung up around them. There was a house in the clearing and a man standing near it, he began to walk to them. He was carrying a wizard staff and wore robes, he looked like a wizard too. He was a magician named Telemain. Telemain noticed Daystar had the sword of a sleeping King. He gave them food, lodging, directions and told them how to keep away from more wizards. He said they should travel through the Caves of Chance. Daystar did not follow Telemain’s directions, and trouble started when they were in the caves. They were confronted by a “jelly” sort of animal, it was made by a wizard to guard the key that Daystar had found. Once the animal saw the sword he ran away. There was a cave-in later in the tunnels, they were all knocked out. When Daystar awoke, they could not find night-witch [Shiara’s cat from Morwen the witch] or the dragon. The dragon and night-witch came back later with a group of dwarves, the ones that built this tunnel. The dwarves said that their tunnels don’t cave-in, this has to be done by someone. The dwarves helped them by mending Shiara’s arm and assisted in digging them out of the rubble. Once out of the caves, they were facing a castle in two bubbles with people and dragons all over. A larger dragon came over and said young man, where have you been? “Oh Daystar, we’ve been expecting you.” Kazual is over here. Kazual is the king of the dragons, she will explain everything. The king is locked somewhere in the castle, that sword is magical and belongs to him. The key is his also, it opens all the doors in the castle. That is why the wizards wanted it, so they could take over. The wizards will attack tomorrow, the sword is special and only royal blood can touch it. Queen Cimorene can not because she does not have your fathers blood. 15 years ago the sword was stolen by the wizards. The dragons retrieved it, but the wizards put a spell around the castle. The dragons copied the spell, and made it so the wizards could not go in as well. King Mendabor, your father Daystar, is trapped in there somewhere. Tomorrow we will take down our spell, you use the sword to run through the wizards shield, and then look for your father! The dragons will try to keep the wizards out as well as they can. The plan worked the next day, they saved the king and Shiara became Kazual’s new princess, Daystar promised to visit often, King Mendabor banished the wizards from the enchanted forest and soon everything went back to normal.
© Copyright 2010 blondy11 (poetryluvr1195 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724305-Daystar