*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725202-The-Wreck
by lucky
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1725202
The reactions of a person involved in an accident..
He loved to drive fast...to feel the wind whistling by...and it was no different that night.He, his wife and two children were returning home by car..The National Highway, devoid of potholes,is a wonderful place to try the pace of any vehicle..but imagine! having to drive behind a long truck for miles on end!

Loud music ringing in the ears and the thrill of speed clouded his judgement! the distance between life and death was misinterpreted! He saw the impact coming, but was powerless to stop it!.....BAM! the car went under the truck by the sheer force of the velocity!

He could not understand how he got out of the car..probably the door on the driver's side had burst open..he could feel the blood dribbling down his face..to his horror he saw that the car was being dragged along by the truck.Fear gave him strength! he ran towards the front of the truck..He screamed "STOP THE TRUCK"...It would have been impossible for the truck driver to hear him above the din being made by the vehicle, but he stopped the truck, for the friction was slowing it down..

The truck driver ran with the man to the back of the vehicle..He was horrified by what he saw! The mangled remains of a car underneath his truck! The driver of the car pleaded "My family is in the car, please help us!"

People began to gather. With the help of the police and the rescue team , the car was pulled out..The car driver was beyond himself with grief! The entire car was crushed! The bodies of the people were taken out after cutting the metal..
The two children first...their father could not bring himself to look at them!
His wife was next...a strangled sob escaped his throat!
The rescue effort continued..the driver was perplexed! what were they looking for? Finally the team brought a fourth body out !
The driver of the car looked on,shocked....he was stunned!He stared, unable to move as the unseeing eyes on his own inanimate face glazed back at him!!


WORD COUNT:462
© Copyright 2010 lucky (charubala at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725202-The-Wreck