*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725258-The-Ghost-in-My-Room
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1725258
Louis always wanted to see a ghost. He might just get his wish when he meet Jake.
         I always had a love for ghosts, ever since I was a kid. The ghost stories I hear around the campfire with my fellow scouts are what got me into ghosts. In fact, sometimes I want to be a ghost.

         Just think about it. They can walk through walls and possess people (that might be good when it comes to my baby sister). They also give you that chill when they're near which is good for a wimp like me. Maybe I can be a ghost when I die. So right now, meeting a ghost is good enough for me. And I know the perfect place to start.

         My friends tell me that my house is haunted. They said that a little boy that could never leave the house, even in death stays there. And that he use to sleep in my room. That's a perfect place to start.

         So what I started to day was stay awake as long as I can until I meet this ghostly boy. I kept that up for a week and boy was I cranky. I lashed out some of the teachers and got detention in return, got me grounded. But that actually gave me more time to wait for the ghost when I get home. Sadly though after another week, he never showed and I'm starting to think that my friends were pulling my leg.

         So on the third week, instead of staying awake, I just decided to go to sleep. Then out of nowhere, the room gets cold. How is that possible when mom keeps the heat on high everyday?

         I jolted up from my bed to see that my window wasn't open and there wasn't anybody around. Maybe the heat finally broke. So I just laid back down only to see big brown eyes look down at me.

         "Whoa!" I said loudly and jolted back up. And then I find that my head went through him, "What the!?"

         Soon I roll out of bed and fell on my bottom when I hit the floor. It hurt really bad. Then I heard laughing and turned to see the ghost boy laughing at me.

         What's so funny?" I say kind of angry.

         "You!" he says back while pointing at me and still laughing.

         My eye twitches and I stand up, "Well I'm not funny."

         "Yes you are!" he keeps it up and it's really making me angry.

         "Alright you had your laugh." I nearly growl, "Who are you anyway and why are you in my room?"

         The boy stops laughing and looks at me with this blank look and then he laughs again, "My name is Jake and this is my room silly!"

         That's when I realize something. I just found the ghost. This is really exciting. In order to show the boy that I had no bad feelings, I laughed with him. He stops laughing though.

         "What's so funny?" he asks me.

         I take it this boy is not all that smart, "Forget it, my name is Louis and this is now my room."

         "No it isn't!" he yells back, "This has been my room since I was a baby. My mommy said so!"

         "How old are you?" I ask

         "I'm five." he says holding up five fingers and still looks angry, "I'm a big boy now so I got this room."

         I sigh, "Well I'm eight so I'm older which means I have this room."

         Jake looks really mad and then starts to cry, "You're mean."

         I was always a sucker for tears so I just sigh, "Alright you can have it!"

         Jake stops crying on the spot and smiles big, "Okay then you can get out."

         "What!" I yell again.

         "This is my room and you're not allowed in here." Jake says while sticking his tongue at me.

         "But this is..." I just stop and sigh, "Fine."

         I just storm out the room. I don't want to see another ghost again.

© Copyright 2010 Author in Training (loveforwriting at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725258-The-Ghost-in-My-Room