*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725350-The-Killing
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1725350
It's a story of an event in my life which scarred my childhood. Read and you'll understand
         I grew up in a nice house in South Carolina. Down the street lived my friend Amelia Thompson. We were best friends and told each other everything. Well, everything that a first grader would know.

         Across the street from her lived a nasty old man who abused his wife and daughter. One day while he was at work, they left him with nothing but a fridge. He was so frustrated that he wanted to strangle them, except they were gone. Then he saw me. I looked just like his daughter. He began to plot on ways to kill me, or at least hurt me severely. He drew up plans for about two weeks, then he got fired from his job. He was so furious that he needed to take the frustration out and went ahead and decided to kill me that night. He still hadn't come up with a full proof plan and went with the decision to just stab me and run for it.

         One day - well night- I was playing hide-n-seek with Amelia. It was around eight in the evening so it was pretty dark at that point. Amelia and I both had blonde hair so we looked the same from the back and no one would be able to tell the difference. The man saw his chance. But instead of stabbing me, he stabbed her. Three times. First in the leg so she couldn't get away. Second in the stomach to keep her on the ground. And the third, a deep and twisting stab straight through the heart to take the life away from her. The third stab went so deep it went all the way through her small chest.

         Then he saw he had killed the wrong little girl but i assume he was satisfied anyway, and he just run off without a single glance back. I held my best friend dead and pouring blood in my small shaking hands for the last time. I sat there hugging her to my frail body stroking her hair and whispering, "Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay" , repeating it over and over until the ambulance came and wrenched my arms off from around her. To this day the man has not been found. To this day, Amelia's family blames for their daughter, my best friends death.
© Copyright 2010 SmileHun (smilehun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725350-The-Killing