*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725534-It-Can-Always-Happen
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1725534
Facing the unexpected, in a parallel Universe just like ours...
...Two weeks ago, I was alone at home, studying in our TV room, when I suddenly heard a noise. I attributed it to my imagination at first, until I realized it's not a familiar one, and maybe needs some exploration, so I went upstairs to investigate. It was a dark, cloudy evening, and the wind was fighting the windows.

    I opened the door of my room with a quick fierce manner, and for a moment, I thought I was standing outside, but in fact, the room was very messy and all the leaves -of the tree outside- were on the floor, and my papers were all over the place. The wind was playing in the room, dancing, going crazy, I don't know! But the important, was that my parents were coming home any minute, and I had no time to arrange it. The first thing I made sure I did was to close the window.

    After a moment, I heard another noise. It seemed to me that it was the voice of an old man tired from the charge of his past years, the voice of a rough coughing penetrated my ears. And its echo was exceeding the difficulty, of the hard situation I was facing. My heartbeats went from fast to faster! And my whole body started shaking. I left this cursed room as fast as I could, and left behind me everything in its place.

    Rumors were already spreading, that our building was haunted. A mysterious spirit was spending its life in it: I stopped for a minute to think, then, suddenly, another piercing scream went through my ears: moaning sounds, loud screams, scary voices, and terrifying noises! I felt like I was the only person on earth, alone in that house. The fear also affected my vision, so it became unclear...

    As hours passed, a storm threatened; and already the first drops of rain were falling! The horror of the dark scene in the house was unbelievable... I began to feel a huge headache, and seconds after that, I collapsed on the ground... I fainted! But somehow, I was still feeling the first crash of thunder that shook the air, and the rain that began to pour down heavily.

    After that, my blurred vision began to get clearer, and to my big surprise, I saw the sweet worried face of my mother in front of me:"Dear, are you OK?! I felt really worried about you, what was going on?” she was trying to calm my nerves down, as I was in bed. And the strangest thing was that my room couldn't be any cleaner or tidier. "I'm fine Ma! Just a weird, odd dream!", I answered her. And I made sure all the horror was gone, by looking out of the window, and seeing the sunny sky, the green garden, the tree of course, and the clear bright view, so I was definitely relieved, and that's when I realized that it was a really bad dream...

    "Some rumors, and legends can be very influential on us, and they sometimes control our thoughts and lives, and take over our dreams, but the real deal is to let them go, and to fight them as hard as we can". Those were the exact words of the blue sky that smiled to me that day, carried me safely with its wide arms, and took me again to another fantastic world...
© Copyright 2010 WordsInBlack (genius.robot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725534-It-Can-Always-Happen