*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726263-All-about-winning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Disha
Rated: E · Monologue · Experience · #1726263
Winner takes it all even if small
It was a bright and sunny day , the first day of the weekend after a real hectic week at workplace. Our sports committee had decided to host the sports day on that particular day.Email regarding the activities,location and food were floated in the past two weeks. Me being interested in sports decided to dedicate that day to sports not only to be present but also to take part in some of the events planned. The travel arrangement were made and all of us reached the venuw at early hours of the morning(I guess some of them wouldnt have slept as they had to work till 2 am or more the previous day). The day started off with the march past of the respective departments. All the teams were dressed in uniform according to the expenses their dept could afford to. I took part in my department march past and we secured the third place even thought as per my opinion we performed really well.Then came the 800 m runnning competition. Though I am not an athlete and have never run ever before in 800 m I decided to take part in it. Rules were explained to us and about 10 of us stood at the starting point. Since the ground was 400m long we were supposed to make 2 rounds each and whoever finished first would become the winner as usual. With high hopes I was standing with the other athletes and the whistle was blowed. I started brilliantly and began to run. I tried to change the track from where I started(We could as a rule) and within few steps skid off and fell to the ground. I had never expected this as I am very careful about not falling anywhere any time. But I stood up and ran again without taking a step back. I expected somebody from my team to come and help me out but no one had come. But I didnt bother and I continued to run. I was the last to finish. Then only I noticed that blood was oozing out in my lips but nothing happened to my jaw and teeth. A person from the first aid team then took me to the doctor was arranged and gave me the ice to stop my bleeding. All these did not afftect me. Infact the reason for me for not winning was my falling and this made me very sad. Then only i came to know that many people who have participated in that event are state level athletes. This made me feel little better as I thought all of them would still be practising. The day progressed and I lost in all the events I participated in. I was miserable. The events were about to end and the last one was 4X400 m relay. I called my team mates and no one was willing.So I too sat withthem just observing what was happening. Then suddenly after sometime a friend of mine came and asked me whether I could participate along with them as only 3 of them were there in their team. Their dept badly needed just one point for winning the championship trophy. I got the approval from the sports committee as I belonged to a different dept and took part in it. To my surprise we secured the third place in it. I was very happy that I had helped a dept and also I won a bronze medal for my self. God had helped to acquire it. I forgot all the pain and sadness after this. My day ended happily and I had become a winner more than a participant.Truly the winner takes it all - thats how I felt and thanked the almighty for everything.
© Copyright 2010 Disha (arthi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726263-All-about-winning