*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726344-Release
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lea
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1726344
First person perspective on drinking as a release.
My head was spinning, I desperately tried to force myself to walk straight, but it's not an easy task when the ground keeps moving around under your feet. I could tell I was going to fall before it happened, but I was powerless to stop it. All I could do was brace myself and hope for the best.

'Oh for gods sake! Can't you see what you're doing to yourself?'

Of course I know exactly what I am doing, I know exactly why I am doing it. It's you that doesn't understand. This is what I deserve, this is my punishment but at the same time it is also my cure. It doesn't get rid of my problems, but I get a whole new set which shove the rest of them to the back of my mind. Just as I am about to tell you this I feel the familiar burning sensation at the back of my throat... and yes, just as I expected.

'Oh god... That's disgusting, just get up will you! You're practically lying in it...'


My throat burns and I can't get rid of the taste, I want to cry out as the smell burns my nostrils. I try to stand but I slip and fall, the smell is over powering, I try again. This time I manage a few feet before my legs give way. The ground over here is cool and damp against my hands, I press my cheek into the grass. I can hear someone yelling, but it seems so far away, too far away to matter. Tomorrow I won't remember any of this, this whole night will slip my mind. I start to laugh as I slip into unconsciousness...
© Copyright 2010 Lea (glitterkid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726344-Release