*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726515-The-Storm
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1726515
An example of being ill-prepared.
It's like how you know it's going to rain, but you're just not sure when.
So, you grab your umbrella before you leave, to sheild yourself from the rain...but it's still there to hit you right in the face.
It doesn't protect you for long because it blows away.
You get soaked with all the rain, and you have nothing to protect yourself of it.
Then, you curse and cry because you feel helpless.
You blame God for not having a "Plan B" in store, but you know it's nobody's fault.

You were prepared for the rain...but you were never really ready for the storm.


I wrote this in the passing of my mother. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I just never really knew when, ya know? The "rain" was her "pain" and the "storm" was her "death." I guess...in a sense. And the umbrella was just my readiness.

Anyways, I wrote this a few years ago, so no harsh comments, please!
© Copyright 2010 Street Rat (streetrat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726515-The-Storm