*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726702-The-longest-minute-ive-ever-known
Rated: E · Other · Music · #1726702
Idea from writing prompt 275.
At first I didn't really want to listen to this song. It wasn't really something that I would listen to. Classical music just wasn't my thing. But something called me to press the play button. It started off with a violin and flute, playing in unison. The notes went up and down in sharp jumps. The violin dropped and left me listening to a flute, playing slow, long notes, slowly building upwards until a drum crashed, and the flute sped up. It rapidly jumped up and down sharply, like before. My words fail to describe it properly, and I won't be able to do it justice just by writing about it. I wanted to see how long it was, but I didn't want to move. I just kept staring, dumbstruck by the skill at which these instruments were played. Sometimes you can hear a story being woven in songs, even instrumental ones like this. And that's what I felt.
I felt like I was being flung over green hills, the sun rising in the distance. On a lightly forested plain, to armies faced down. With sword and shield they clashed. Blows were traded and many men fell. Arrows rained, and horses trampled those unfortunate underfoot. But you could since the sheer happiness of these men as they fought. This song wove an image of Valhalla into my mind.
Finally after what seemed forever, it slowed. The armies backed away as the sun set. The song cut away as night sealed the image off, but the laughter from their camps still run out in my head. The song came to and end. I was amazed even more. One minute of music had given me an image of sheer greatness, of men who's legend spanned eternity.
© Copyright 2010 everydaydude (everydaydude at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726702-The-longest-minute-ive-ever-known