*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726800-Gods-Love
by james
Rated: E · Essay · Religious · #1726800
God's loves us more when we fail.
God's Love


"For God so love the world." That is why God created the world. God did not create the world because he needed our worship. He didn't make us so we would be impressed with how great he is. God didn't make man for anything that he needed. God needs nothing. God created man because of his love.

God had so much love he wanted to share it with someone. He wanted to bestow it on something and so he made man.

After he had made Adam and breathed into him the breath of life, surly he felt like we feel when we look at our first baby. "It's a boy!" He had a son, and he loved him. One child wasn't enough he wanted a girl, so he made Eve. God continues to love every person that is born with that same love.

God was pleased with his family, he loved them. he loved to walk and talk with them. In the evening they would visit. God loved Adam and Eve and they loved God.

The devil came to Eve and she listened. Adam and Eve fell into sin. They had messed up their lives. They loved God less because they had begun to love themselves. God didn't love them less. He loved them more. His reason for creating the world was not ruined. He loved man more than ever.

That is the love of God. he loves more and more. When we resist, he loves more. When we stray he loves more. (Mat. 18:12-13) That love is unstoppable. It is powerful, it overcomes everything. It is like the tide. All men everywhere could try to stop it, have tried to stop it, but the tide continues to rise.

When we talk of the love of God, what do we think about? Is it like basking in a hot tub soaking it up? No, God's love is a power. It is what makes it possible to live the word. It is the power, when someone hurts me, to turn the other cheek and love the person more.

If men, trying to stop the tide of God's love become angry and slap the water, they only receive a shower of love. They slap the water again, more love. This was the power of the martyrs. The ones that killed the Christians were drenched in love. They couldn't resist that love and the Church grew. God's love is the power to love others more and more.

The cross is the emblem of God's love. When we die to self we quit thinking about ourselves. We quit being hurt by what others have done to us. When we die to self, we truly forget ourselves and love others, no matter what they do to us. We love the unlovable with a love that only God can give. We can go the second mile with joy. We no longer need answers or apologies. Our happiness is not dependent on what we perceive as fair or right. We have everything we need. We have God in us. God in us is that, "more and more love." It cannot be overcome. It gives us the victory. We are more than conquerers.

Oh, the wonderful, powerful love of God. It is unstoppable, it overcomes everything, and no matter what it grows more and more.

© Copyright 2010 james (jjantzen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726800-Gods-Love