*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727447-An-Old-Indian-Tale
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1727447
An Old Indian Tale
Written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge with a word limit of 300.

The prompts: This story must contain the words: waves, clear, and bones

~~~

An Old Indian Tale

The waves crashed up against the rocks and she could feel the breeze on her old worn out face. The sky was covered in dark clouds and she could still hear his voice loud and clear.

"I miss you..."

The wind began to pick up and the waves became more and more restless.

"It's been 22 years since we placed your fragile bones in the ground."

Thunder crashed overhead and lightning lit up the sea.

"Calm down. There's nothing to be upset about." She was perfectly calm.

The storm was not and the sky grew darker.

"Hinun... It's ok." There was a long pause. She didn't speak and thunder didn't crash. "I'm coming to join you."

The silence of the storm ceased and thunder began continuously. Waves became restless and the wind became nearly too much. He was furious yet delighted. Her death was the last thing he wanted, but being with her again was his greatest desire.

"I'm 97 years old. It's time for me to leave this earth and join you." With her last words Amitola sat down on the sand and was gone.

The storm calmed and in the distance a small rainbow was beginning to appear.

~~~
word count: 200

Name Meanings (both at native American names):

Hinun: Spirit Of The Storm

Amitola: Rainbow
© Copyright 2010 lilamae (lilamae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727447-An-Old-Indian-Tale