*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727905-Onewordcom-Entries-pt-2
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Other · #1727905
November pieces written in response to the word (their title) given by oneword.com
Oneword.com is a site where you go on and are given a word, a textbox and a timer bar with 60 seconds counting down. The idea is to read the word and immediately start writing, whatever comes to mind, and write until the timer runs out. The posted word is the title of each piece. It is not required that the word be used in the entry, it's just supposed to be a launching point for some quick writing. These are some of mine from November.

***
Kit
Having a kit for something makes me feel comfortable, it’s like going into a project and knowing that everything you will need; directions, tools, supplies, etc are all in one convenient little package awaiting your use. I wish writing came with a kit, I’ve tried to make a writing kit a few times but it always ends up just being a box of distraction next to a blank page.

***
Junkyard
I have typically thought of a junkyard as a badass scene populated by dogs with a natural ferocity and hungry bellies and filled with piles of potential treasures that reaffirm the old adage about one man’s discardings. Lately though, I’ve felt like the junkyard, full of the disposal and patrolled by a deep-seated agitation and I’ve come to realize that very few people come here for the treasures, most just come to leave behind their own junk.

And I let them in anyway.

***
Duck
Get low, drop to a crouch, and get your knees on the floor; cover your face and cast down your eyes, some things are better left going over your head.

***
Killed
Video killed the radio star, false programming killed the video star, social networking and internet iden tity killed the meaning of star… or at least watered it down to a boring murkiness of infamy, fame, and well known irrelevance.

***
Juice
“Give it some more juice!”

“I’m giving it all she’s got, Cap’n. I can’t give ‘er anymore!”

Sometimes as fast as you’re going, even when it doesn’t feel fast enough, is probably faster than it should be; any movement is better than the inevitable stall from pushing too hard.
© Copyright 2010 G. F. Streuner (gunnersearchin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727905-Onewordcom-Entries-pt-2