*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728019-Dark-Flames-RISING
Rated: 18+ · Other · Fantasy · #1728019
An epic trilogy. Look out King! Look out Tolken!
Welcome citizen.

You have fallen upon the throes of something epic.  This story is your story.  It is the story of life.  It is the story of death.  And here is begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


Rajuck looked over his shoulder.  He didn't have long.  The Kingmens where upon him.

Pain.  Fleeting breathing.  Stomach cramps.  Shouts in the night.

Hot rain upon muddy Earth.

If he ran any slower, the Kingsmen would catch him. Then there'd be trouble, by the ends of their spears he knew.  He nestled the amulet under his leather Armour;  it would keep him safe, he knew.  If the fairy had kept her word, that is.  Who ever could trust a woman, or thing, so beautiful?

He'd have to take a chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Jargen?"

Jargen looked up at his divine, angelic sister as she stood by the throne.

"Are you listening?"

He lifted his palms from the windowsill and turned.  "Oh, sorry.  I had been caught in a day dream.  What was it you said?"

She sighed.  "You're so like father.  Always distant and plotting.  Listen now to the moment, what I must say.  We have out eyes on other kingdoms, and they must fall swiftly."

He gasped.  "But sister... father said..."

"He has passed on."

Jargen would not take no for an answer.  "He wanted peace!"  he slammed his hand onto the nearest pillar.

She sighed harder.  "Oh you fool.  He wanted peace only because he feared war.  And war is what wins us territory.  We must expand the kingdom."

"But why?" he asked!

"Why not," said she.

He shook his head.  "This I do not know is right."

"Trust me.  Albanonaburg will fall!  And it is for rightenousness that it shall!  It shall be ours!"  her eyes turned wild.

He looking into those pearlescent discs and decided, yes, she had the passion at least.  And passion and love and fury and all such things is what builds kingdoms.  "Then it shall be so," he sighed.  "We shall go to war."

And so it went....

End of Chapter 1
© Copyright 2010 dark_flame (dark_flame at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728019-Dark-Flames-RISING