*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728158-From-Dust-to-Dust-Chapter-0
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1728158
Introduction to the Tale "From Dust to Dust" by Rejon Taylor
It was nightfall when it happened. It was nightfall when the world grouped together to stare at the sky, for what they have seen was magnificent, yet catastrophic. They were warned and no one listened. A glistening red-yellow light filled the skies that night. Similar to the solar winds that created the northern lights, but they weren’t soft looking or friendly. They were flaming and swirling around. Armageddon, maybe. As soon as the world could see what it was they ran into there homes grabbed what they could and drove away. Leaving there loved ones behind for there own life. They scurried across there land frightened by what most can tell was a celestial object, well not any more, about the size of the pacific ocean. Or, the size of the moon; I could be wrong of course.

But they ran, ironically; they were the dominant species of this planet they called Earth. Of course like all princesses, I was given the best seat to watch this “Armageddon” unfold. I laughed at what I saw, it was hilarious how frightened they were. But, it was to come wether they liked of it or not, nothing will or can stop this from happening. Earth was in the wrong place at the wrong time, well for them, but we still came crashing through there natural shield, which is now gone due to our entrance. The sky was ablaze by our entrance. Slowly but surely we came crashing down; in the spot we planned for. My father looked to me and hugged me tightly, as so did my mother. Thats when everything for us went wrong. Red blazing lights flared across the ship disguised as an asteroid. A robotic voice sounded in our language that told us to get the escape pods. My instructors and teachers shoved me along quickly to get to the pod. Mother and father insisted that i’d go alone; they will go down with the ship. I was speechless and could barely hear. The only sound that filled my ears was the ringing of the alarm. To my surprise the fluid that enwraps this planet flowed from my eyes, I began to feel, emotion. I was confused by what was happening to my body. Was it a disease or a chemical reaction in my body? As the pod was beginning for its orbital drop my mother and father stood next to each other smiling. But, no fluid was escaping there eyes. I was confused still, and then...it happened. The pod shot from the interior of the ship down to the planet. All I could do was hold on but it wasn’t soon till something went wrong. I was frightened, I wanted my mother and father. The ringing echoed inside of my head and the image of my family, my only family, was glued to my mind. As the pod spun from hitting debris I couldn’t scream anymore and everything went black. I wasn’t afraid anymore. The only thing on my mind in the end was my family, and the strange emotions that filled in my head and poured out through my eyes. I found it impossible. I knew where I was from and who I was and what I was. I never came to question...was I human?
© Copyright 2010 Jack Shift (handheldninja at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728158-From-Dust-to-Dust-Chapter-0