*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728284-Dreamscape
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1728284
An entry from my dream-journal. Dated 09/15/10. Atmosphere: Warning, battle.
Mystery Machine/Ghost-stalker September 15, 2010

Atmosphere: Warning
I awake into the dream world from a sleeping state, with a knife-wielding young blonde woman standing over me. This blonde girl (reminiscent of Ashley O---) is there in my bed when I groggily wake up and view her semi-opaque ghostlike form. I feel her intention is to hurt me and she has a ball of ground beef and glass shards.
Atmosphere: Battle
A calm party is happening in a large house. There are three other girls that I am loosely associated with, we are making small talk. I feel I must equip myself with a weapon, so I choose a knife that is in a drawer close by. Ashley’s ghost-figure pops up to fight and there is an intense struggle in the kitchen. When it’s over, no injuries sustained and having banished Ashley from the area, I feel the need to open the windows. As I open the patio door, I meet the first girl I was talking to. I tell her of having a dream about my decrepit host-father and his subsequent death. We are chatting but I keep a pair of scissors in my lap, concealed.
Goal: Strong intent to solve Ashley-ghost mystery, but it’s not completed.
I come into the possession of a van and trek to a densely snowed in house, located in the mountains. The path there is treacherous, and I cannot find the van again once I get out, the snow blows around violently covering everything in sight. I am on my way to find an older man with an odd reputation, but he is to help me solve my Ashley-spectre mystery and why she is visiting me. I am with a small group of other people, and we drive away through 12ft of snow to a destroyed landing space, there should be a bridge. Perched on the cliff side in cartoon style, two guys fall out the front window and down into the icy river. Things start shifting to the front and the other girl(s) and I try to escape. There is band equipment in the van and we choose to abandon it but I grab as much warm clothing as I can in the short time we have left before plummeting into the river. I locate my hiking backpack and remove the waterproof bag. I grab my NZ sweater and search through my fleece headbands for the cutest one (even in the face of peril and falling 50 ft into an icy river).
Symbolism
Weather: prevented completion of mystery-solving, added a level of adrenaline (needing to escape death) but still I was calm.
Icy River: mystery, danger, claimed two of my companions.
Violence: protection of self, not aware of Ashley-ghosts’ motive.
Travel: three unknown friends with me to help but two are useless and die quickly. I escape with an original friend and one additional female.
Shadow stranger: same sex. “Who possesses negative attributes of the dreamer... presented in extremes”.
Unresolved searching: I go from one important/urgent task to the next (lots on my plate which are all important) must begin to resolve each.
The journey: a symbol that my soul is searching for a way to achieve equilibrium. In waking life = “I need a change”. *Mind anticipating move to city?

*Travelling to an unknown place to discover mystery. New people come and go but I know I can make it alone, or choose to seek help if problems arise.
© Copyright 2010 devadesirée (krystle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728284-Dreamscape