*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728578-Memories
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1728578
A story about the 2040 war, my first piece i have ever writen! hope you like it :)
SAVING THE WORLD


Introduction
My earliest memories of my Dad is when I was two, sitting by the bench with my dad when he told me he was going away for a while. He was going to fight in the modern war, the 2040 war. He told me a lot of people would have better lives if he did. "Dont go Daddy"! i shouted as the ship sailed to sea

I look out the window and see the mail man! Yes! A letter from dad! The doorbell rings and my mum is almost skipping to the door . Through the window I see her opening the letter and gasping. I run downstairs to see what the problem is, and my mum hands it to me.

To Whom it may concern..
Walter may turner has died in crossfire. We are sorry for your loss. Take this encased 20 dollars. Use it wisely.
Regards, House of Army

I fall into my mother’s arm and heap up, sobbing. We sit there for hours, crying, wondering what we are going to do. After a while I start to hear a little noise, quite like a kettle. I look out the window to see a small object heading our way. “No, it can’t be” my mum says. She hurries me to the bomb shelter, along with the mailman. We sit in there for ages. waiting for anything. “I think it’s safe” the mailman says and he opens the shelter entrance. We stay. We all hear small footsteps and then a deep voice. “What are you doing here” says the voice. “Please don’t kill me” pleads the mailman. Then I hear a scream and gunfire. I hear a loud “thump” and then another. “His coming our way” says my mum, and she pushes me under the bed, then covers me in a old blanket, covered in dust from the years its spent here. I hear the door open and my mum, pleading. “Please don’t kill us, please”. Then my mother screams and I hear a knife being opened.



Two hours later
Scared, I push my head from under the blanket. To my horror my mum is lying on the floor, throat slit. I go over to her, covering her with the blanket. This is the best burial I can give her. Then I notice a small vial on the floor. I open it and smell it. Yuck. It smells like horrible. Either way it says “the vial to save the world, or destroy it” That’s when I drunk it. Bad mistake.


10 years later (15 years old)
The blue vain co, the killers of my mum, my dad, and the mailman. At the moment I am just hanging on their ceiling, upside down, with no support. Yep, that’s right, I have powers. Not just any powers. I can hang off stuff, and create things with my mind. All of these are very tiring to do. Anyways, you were wondering how I got these powers. I drunk the vial you dim wit. Oh also im also getting to be a real real powerful fighter. Awesome right? Exept for the fact im always on the run, trying to save my butt. Its pitch black dark so i really dont realise the figures closing in behind me. A hand it practicly shoved to my mouth, so my screams are just muffled cries. I turn around to see a boy about my age. Probaly around 16. As i found out later he was 17. His scruffy hair and shallow, guant face suggest his underweight. not to mention tired. The little girl behind me was the first to talk. "Let her go Grey. Shes fine." said the girl with a muffled voice. The boy takes away his hand and i turn to see the little girl, With golden curls cascading down her face." You dont have to be scared. We are like you. Mutants" She says with a small voice." By the way, my names April". Nice name, i think to myself.







© Copyright 2010 Child-Writer (izawow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728578-Memories