*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728668-Full-Moon
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1728668
The moon has the power to transform.
His mind was in turmoil, was he to tell his family or not ?  How would they take the horrific news ? Would they despise him and cast him from the family forever ? How would they react when he told them of the unnatural things he did when the change came upon him ? 

He felt totally helpless when the metamorphosis came, he could do nothing to stop it. When the change came upon him all he could do was hide and hope none of his family or friends would catch a glimpse of him when his body and face were grotesquely transformed by the terrible curse that had befallen him. 

It had started two years earlier upon his sixteenth birthday on the first full moon of the year. He had been sitting alone, looking up at the sky, when suddenly he had felt his whole body shudder, he had never experienced such a strange sensation of mind and body before. He saw and felt his whole body change, his mind reeled, then a strange, guttural, soulless howl erupted from his throat and for the first time the transformation had been completed. 

At that disturbing time he had made sure none of his family or friends had been looking, then crept from his home to go about the unnatural and abhorrent duties this dreadful curse had enforced upon him. 

Why this terrible thing had possessed him he did not know. He was not particularly good but neither particularly bad, just an average individual who abided by the laws and rules that all his friends and neighbours did. Why he had been singled out for this obscene torment of mind and body was a total mystery. 

The things he did while transformed sickened him, they were savage and mindless things, actions with no rhyme or reason, things which caused only pain and suffering, selfish things, meant only for his own gorging and savage self satisfaction. 

These ungodly moves were totally alien to the natural ways of his fellow beings. He was repulsed at his own poisonous actions. 

Tonight was a full moon, he feared the worst. Very soon the disgusting change would be upon him. He crept from his home so that none of his family could witness the alarming transformation. 

He gazed up at the white globe shining brightly in the sky, then a wave of nausea struck him as he saw that dawn was breaking. 

It was upon him ! His whole body began to shake violently, foam began to froth from his mouth as his teeth snapped viciously together. He could feel his limbs become painfully elongated, he could hear the bones crack and snap as his skull made a horrifying transformation. He could feel his ears and nose shrink back upon his face, he could feel his beautiful coat of grey fur retract, displaying the disgusting pink flesh below. He could feel his pointed fangs recede and become ridiculous, square shaped mockeries of their former glory. The last thing he experienced was his tail shrinking back into his body, the change was complete, once again he had been transformed into the weak, ugly form of a human being ! 

His amber eyes were the only reminder that he had once been a proud and beautiful grey wolf. 

Once again he had to leave his family, it was morning and for a day at least he was forced to walk amongst these seemingly insane creatures and to indulge in the obscene acts so abhorrent to his fellow wolves. 

It was a curse he was to suffer silently and alone. He knew now he could never tell his family or friends, the shame and disgrace would be too much for his Mother and Father. 

He must keep it to himself and never let it be known he had suffered the curse of the Man-Wolf.

© Copyright 2010 Quilbane (wildword at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728668-Full-Moon