*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728949-Fusion-brothers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dee
Rated: 18+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1728949
The day was saved when Fusion brothers saw their work go up in flames.
On a very cold winter night,

two brothers were developing a fusion drive, that would sting with its speed and performance. They were called, simple, Fusion Brothers or so their neighbours tend to call them. Their garage was lightened up every night with rays of blue, red and white light. What they were doing was not known to almost anyone, perhaps the only biological entity was their cat Raul.

It was that night, a very cold one indeed, that they had their braketrough. The taller brother, Philipe, was just finishing up his proton injection, when the other one, Erik, was calibrating his positron chamber in which they were developing their drive. The same moment, when he pressed the last button to commence the test, Philipe realized that the photons were not from a hydrogen fuel as it was stated on a can label, but from a much heavier element called Terrabranch only discoverd a few months back. But it was too late. The matter inside the positron chamber began to collapse in a stunning rate, which caused all sorts of blinking particles to flow inside the room. A few seconds later, the whole chamber was so bright, that two brothers needed to put their protection glasses on. Erik said to Philipe: "My GOD! This is the end of days my friend. We have just fused the Terrabranch element with the already decaying Carbon atoms.". "The results could be catastrophic!", was he shouting while looking at his screen where the bars were jumping up and down on the scale. "Just polarize the matrix!" screamed Philipe, who was already tapping the OFF switch with such a speed, that the switch itself became red like a just slapped face skin. Thank god, two brothers had their fuses set right and the cooling system was already in efect. "It is going to blow!", was the only thought in Erik's mind, but he could not speak it out loud. A few moments later, their cat, a really beautiful cat, spoke. "Could you two stop shouting, as I am trying to sleep!", said Raul. Erik and Philipe were as petrified as they were supprised of their cat talking like a grown man. The reactor finally cooled down, but the result was there. Their new technology was not a interstellar drive, but a simple gift for animals. Finally their will would no longer be unheard. The day was saved, result was a better world for all.

And there were nights to come, cold cold nights...and the Fusion Brothers are out there somewhere...imagine.
© Copyright 2010 Dee (deeexit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728949-Fusion-brothers