*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728962-Cyclist-Punches-Driver-on-Way-to-Work
by zprag
Rated: E · Article · Comedy · #1728962
Local woman cyclist frustrated with reckless driving fights back, literally.
CYCLIST PUNCHES RECKLESS DRIVER ON WAY TO WORK

         After narrowly escaping being struck by driver Rick Peters' SUV on the way to work, cyclist Cindy Green retaliated by punching Peters in the head. 

"I was very angry because he was driving so carelessly and he caused me to fall and skin my knee" said Green.

A collision was avoided when Peters swerved and crashed into a nearby telephone pole.

Driver Randy Morose, the only witness, said "I was waiting to make a left turn at the intersection during a green light. I was yielding to [Green] who was in the incoming lane and had the right of way."

Peters, who was waiting behind Morose, grew impatient and attempted to pass Morose using the opposing lane of traffic.

"I don't think he realized she was there" said Morose. "It was especially stupid because he was going to have to wait at the red light up the street anyways" he added.

Green, who was on her way to work at a local sandwich shop, said she became startled when she heard the rapid acceleration of the large black SUV and noticed it was heading towards her.

"I saw the huge shining front grill, and it was about the height of my chin" said Green. She added "I think he would have splattered me had his basic instinct not taken over, causing him to swerve".

Green, only suffering minor injuries, approached Peters after the incident.

"He was just standing there, dumbfounded, staring at his crushed front bumper and deflated front right tire. It made me mad seeing that squeaky little man in a suit and tie caring only about his car."

According to Morose, Green walked up and deliberately punched Peters in the back of the head.

"Peters hardly seemed to notice" said Morose. "He kinda shrugged, mumbled something about getting to work, then worriedly checked his watch."
© Copyright 2010 zprag (zprag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728962-Cyclist-Punches-Driver-on-Way-to-Work