*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729087-Living-in-the-Shadows
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Nikki
Rated: E · Poetry · Dark · #1729087
can the light ever come through to save me from the dark?
O, I’m living in the shadows, just hoping to catch your eye.

Each breath I take seems to death defy the shrunken world that I call mine.

The clouds I see lack silver linings but are caged around the light holding all back.

The plants died long ago, the animals scream and hunt me down.

The shadows are a horrid place, tempting, testing, daring me.

My soul is trapped within this place, while my body lives in an earthly space.

I walk among you, normal to the seeing eye but cowering still within inside.

The shadows show no worldly sight but are lying deep, safe inside.

The only light and hope I see is through my eyes, from you to me.

I pray that you would only glance this way so that I may see the light of day.

But no matter how hard I hope reality is forcing you to stay away.

Still I hope and cry and pray that one day you’ll come and take this soul away.

And guide me to a world unseen, full of wonder, hopes, and dreams.

A world in where no shadows dwell and a world in which lives fairy tales.

A place in which history is blank waiting to be filled in with hope and none of strife.

But it seems that that world is out of reach.

It seems as though I must dwell and die in this retched place.

But hope exists and I’ll keep it near, hoping for the time in which you’ll come by my way.

O, I’m living in the shadows, just hoping to catch your eye.





© Copyright 2010 Nikki (nikki12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729087-Living-in-the-Shadows