*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729433-I-cant-tell-you
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1729433
Julie is at her best friends wedding and gets into an argument about the groom
word count 659 “In sickness and in health until death parts us.”
Those were the words that started the beginning of a terrible day. Maybe I should let you know where we are, ok I am at my best friend’s wedding and she is marrying a total idiot, don’t ask me how I know because I can’t tell you. You are probably wondering why I didn’t try to stop the wedding, well this wedding is a little out of order and I am just waiting for the line when the priest gets up and says.
“If anyone objects to this wedding speak now or forever hold your peace.”
Well I can tell you know if I do not speak I will not be holding peace at all I will be far from it. Wait a minute I think this is it but I can’t quite tell because I am outside, ok so what I am not meant to be here but nobody really cares I mean I am the best friend, just because the grooms parents hate me doesn’t mean shouldn’t be invited.
I am braced at the door waiting for the moment he finishes saying his words. I burst into the church screaming “I object,” and yelling reasons that just came to me. I realise when I reach the groom that this was a big mistake. My friends eyes turn re and I swear I can see steam coming out of her ears. She runs up to me and jumps on my back her hands grab at my hair and her teeth sink into my neck.
“Get off me.”
But she continues to jump scream yell and scratch. I take t for a little longer after all I handle heaps more than this on a daily basis but I can’t tell you why. After about five minutes I got over her obsessive screaming and pushed her off.
“He’s not right for you!”
“What, how would you know? Have you even talked to him ever?”
I nod and quietly mumble under my breath.
“When?” she asks her voice high pitched and ear piercing.
“I told you I cannot say.”
By now I am extremely angry and just want her to pay attention.
“I am sick of this crap Julie you are going to like Jack or you can forget about us being friends.” She storms out of the room towards the wedding car, Jack follows closely behind. I run out ad grab her hand flipping her onto the table, just missing the wedding cake.
“Look,” I say “you have no idea what that guy is capable of, or what would happen if I told you, all you need to know is he is a horrible man who is incapable of love.”
She seems like she understands and looks really upset.
“I know, but I can’t help it.”
She gets up and walks into the wedding car with Jack and speeds off into the distance. I think about what she said “I can’t help it” what did she mean? I started wondering what was happening between her and Jack or if she was even living in the same world as he and I? Had he brought her into the horribleness of what we had to face every day. I hear five rounds fired from a distance and watch the wedding car crash into the ocean. I run over to it and jump off the bridge before I even realise what is going I have already kicked open the window. But it is too late she is already dead and luckily so is he the impact of the water was something he had not prepared for, I guess it helps to program the car to do that. The real reason I had to get her out and I couldn’t even do that. I should’ve just saved her then I wouldn’t be here in the psych evaluation recovering from causing my best friend to die.
© Copyright 2010 mysterious_mystery (shadow_mystery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729433-I-cant-tell-you