*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729437-Legs
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1729437
Daily Flash Contest
He laughed in their collective faces as they stood around his hospital bed. Laughed as loud as he could and with as much disdain as he could muster. Adults were so stupid sometimes. And this one beside him who called himself a doctor. Some doctor. Telling him he would never walk again.

When he got older he promised himself to never be as thick as these people. He didn’t even remember the attack they claimed happened over two weeks ago. If he had been asleep for that long, he would have known about it. He had no idea what to say to them when they asked why he didn’t hide when he saw what might happen. There wasn’t anything that did happen as far as he was concerned. He just wanted everyone to leave him alone so he could get home to his computer games.

He looked at the severe expressions of his parents as he continued to laugh. It was all he could do to not roll his eyes when his mom told him not to worry, that they would work through the disability. He couldn’t stand it anymore; he decided he had better show them just how very wrong they were. He probably should just get up and walk out. Show them how much they thought they knew.

The kick he gave the covers would have made Chuck Norris proud. But the covers didn’t move. He looked at the bed in frustration, and kicked again. His mind was telling him to kick but something wasn’t connecting. He pulled himself upright with his arms and tried again. Nothing.

Realization hit hard. His eyes widened in fear. He looked at his mom; she was standing at the foot of the bed with tears in her eyes. And he screamed.
© Copyright 2010 cheryl losch (closch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729437-Legs