*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729479-Query-Letter-for-my-novel-Believe
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1729479
I really want to get my novel out there and I want to make sure my query is up to par!
Dear Mrs.

My name is Jessica Montgomery and I am sophomore at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign double majoring in creative writing and elementary education. I am hoping to actually make writing a career and I am excited to be sending this letter to you. I heard about The Knight Agency from a friend who is majoring in English to become an agent. My novel, Believe is 85,000 words and is in the urban fantasy, young adult genre. I am very much looking forward to your response and would like to thank you in advance for your time.



What if you had to believe in the supernatural just to save your own life? Gabriella MacIntosh’s world is torn apart when her father is killed in a horrific automobile accident. Not surprisingly after his untimely passing Gabriella starts experience nightmares of his death. Imagine her surprise when her nightmares are replaced by a serene beach scene night after night. The dream only began after her mother told her they were moving to Oregon for a ‘fresh start’.  What her mother had not revealed was she had not been able to find a house, and made the decision to temporarily live with a local family named the McCready’s. Consisting of two elderly grandparents and their grandson, the McCready’s seemed completely ordinary with the except for their grandson, Euan, who seemed to hate her on sight.  Late one night, Gabriella overhears the McCready’s discussing about her and she instantly becomes suspicious, especially when she starts her new high school and discovers the McCready’s are rumored to be cursed.

Unfortunately for her, the McCready’s do not give up their secrets easily.  Gabriella is surprised when she is approached by Matthew Siduous, one of the most attractive boys she had ever met.  He furthers her curiosity about the McCready's history by telling her about a long time feud between their two families which had resulted in many deaths.  Matthew alludes to the true answer about the McCready’s family secret, but the answer may be even more shocking than Gabriella realizes.

            Bound and determined to discover the mystery behind the McCready’s, she begins exploring and finds a strange prophecy and a shield hidden away in her bedroom. She then discovers Euan sneaking away in to the woods in the dead of night and her drive to discover the mystery deepens. After Euan saves Gabriella from Matthew’s over ardent advances at a school dance, she finally discovers the secret the McCready long sought to keep hidden from her. To the utter astonishment of Gabriella she discovers she is a witch, just like the McCready’s and just like her father before her.

            Now Gabriella must believe in her new found abilities and, more importantly, herself to break the curse laid down upon the McCready’s and finish the battle between the Siduous’ once and for all. She doubts that one person can save the fates of many, but she must overcome her fears and take her place as the savior the McCready’s have been searching for.





         Thank You,

                              Jessica Montgomery

© Copyright 2010 JessElena (jessymae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729479-Query-Letter-for-my-novel-Believe