*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729497-Sunrise
Rated: E · Other · Arts · #1729497
After the ugliest night, there is always a calm sunrise.
A canopy opens, shedding wet shards onto the ground, soaking your clothes and face. You look beyond the shade, to the sparking sea of dew laid out before you, calm. It envelopes you, caresses your most inner thoughts, soothes them back to a forgotten memories depth, and you walk on. You have no shoes, for you were born without them and you have no clothes, for you were also born without them. You stand naked before eyes that care not whether you are good or evil, but whether you are true or false. They can see every thought, hear every word, feel every touch, smell every odor, and taste every food you have ever had. They are you. They do not need legs or arms to move for they have yours. The picture turns to darkness as yours eyes close, but it is not lost, it is now within you. It is yours to view when waters are rough and clouds are dark and there is no where else to go. It is your place of calm.
© Copyright 2010 Daniel T. Stafford (inf3ction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729497-Sunrise