*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729707-Making-Sunshine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #1729707
Molly needs to shine sunshine to get her dad back. She doesn't like that.
One dark, cold night a girl named Molly Mattenson was in bed in her favorite pajamas dreaming about the day after, Christmas. Visions of presents, and candy, and toys filling the room she was sitting in. Then she heard a click in the room next door.She snuck out into the hallway. She saw her father, but he wasn't doing work, or typing ads to put in the newspaper like he usually did at this time at night. But he was packing. Packing a large suitcase full of clothing, and things. The type of things that she took to a sleepover. Ad then he headed toward the door, and he opened it. Where is he going? Molly asked herself. So she just came out and said it.

" Where are you going dad?" she asked poking her head through the door.

"Nowhere, sweets. Im just... going away for a while." he said.

"For a business trip?" Molly asked him.

"Yeah, that's it." he said. Molly became suspicious when her dad went through the door. She hadn't heard mommy and him talking about a business trip. But she decided not to let it bother her too much. So she went back into her bedroom, for somehow she had snuck out halfway into the hallway while the conversation was being held without knowng. Then she got back under the covers, and after a while, started to dream about presents, and candy, and toys again. In the morning, when she woke, her family was looking for their father worriedly.

"He left last night." Molly told them. "But he didn't come back?"

"What?" their mother asked, holding Molly's baby sister Maria who was sucking her thumb. "He LEFT?!"

"Yes, and he told me he was going on a business trip, but usually if he is, he would be back in the morning." Molly told her.

"I hope that's all it is." their mother said wiping her sweaty forehead. Molly's older siter, Emmi, came in and shouted,

"I can't find him anywhere!"

"It's okay Emmi." Molly told her. "He's just out of town for a little while."

"Are you sure?" Emmi asked.

"Almost." Molly said.

"ALMOST isn't good enough." Emmi said. The whole day they spent calling local LOST places, and the police from all over to find him, but no one could. Molly started to cry.

"What if he NEVER comes back?!" and from then on, Molly knew it was HER duty to find him. That afternoon, she went out to play, and met her only friend (since she was so glum, no one else wanted to play with her), and they went around trying to find him. They did this consecutively, untill it snowed, and finally on that day, they spotted him on a street. They had gotten VERY far away from home because the signs all over said New York City. They ran up to him, and hugged him to death. Then all three of them walked all the way back home, the pain on their feet overcome by the joy of Molly's father's presence.
© Copyright 2010 Supergirl (buby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729707-Making-Sunshine