*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730100-Celebration---excitement
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1730100
Today here, tomorrow gone, celebrate! contest entry - show not tell
Yesterday morning I was walking in this street it was full of life...

I breathed in and out fresh air and all kinds of heavenly smells from the coffee shops and sea near by market went through from my nose to lungs. I breathed slowly.

I didn’t have to rush anywhere. No expectations to fulfill.

There were birds singing their morning songs and some dogs with waving tails and lots of people. Some were running with their briefcases, some were sipping their morning coffees like time didn’t exist and some like me, wandered around the market without destination. People responded to my smile, that made bigger smile to my face. There were also some beggars and street musicians perfectly suiting to the picture..It was like a movie with many different character but still real. One moment they were there and next moment gone.

Sun was up in the air and after wandering around long time, smell from the coffee shop invited me to come in, so I went. Cappuccino with cinnamon and chocolate! I didn’t hurry to finish it.

After coffee, I made boat trip in the sea near the market. Wind was weak ans sea was calm.
Sun made some sparkles on it's surface.

When boat got more distant from the market, everything there was one. No different characters, stories and colors anymore.

And there I was middle of the sea, far away from people, far away from everything. Air was quiet, calm…

only sea and me…free...

After eternity..so it seemed, my stomach made me return, it wanted some food.

Back in the market full of many colors..I ended up into big food market. So many things to buy; sea foods, vegetables, fruits, sweets, teas and spices..


Today, I’m here again in this same street but pictures from yesterday are gone.

Here is very few people, it’s raining, no birds singing, shops are closed and wind is strong. Everyone have escaped inside and I’m almost alone outside.

With rain, different shapes of clouds, lights from the houses...

I cannot but start dancing in the rain. I'm jumping in the water and dance and laugh. Time disappears. No people, no musicians but how much aliveness!

Somebody is watching me from the distance but I don’t care, I invite him to join.
He don’t come but I see smile on his face.
So, I celebrate myself, I celebrate this moment, I celebrate life now not knowing what next moment or tomorrow brings, sun or rain but it’s all welcome.

Today here, tomorrow gone and it's all worth for celebration!

© Copyright 2010 creative life (susan1000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730100-Celebration---excitement