*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730922-The-Eve-of-May
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1730922
There could be something wrong in the 30th day of April.
It was the 30th day of April; I keep on thinking. I'm not sure of the thing I'm going to do. I'm afraid yet so excited, I feel terrible yet prepared, I am warned and yet so determined.

It was almost 3 years after I heard the story of my friend, during the eve of May, at first, it was a very nice and magical story but it turned to be a horror, so frightening and dangerous but then, although I'm only 10 years old that time, I still wanted to try, I wanted to witness, and I wanted to know the truth.

So, when the clock stroked midnight, I cautiously ran down our stairs, looked for a candle, and faced in front of the mirror. I saw nothing but darkness and a fair face, my fair face and nothing more. I felt the wind, it was so cold that it made me shiver and made me think of the horror I'm going to encounter. I imagined the face, the appearance and it totally terrified me. I could feel my blood rushed through my veins, I could even hear it. My heartbeat, it was so loud and its rhythm consciously combined with the ticking of the clock. I closed my eyes, there's no turning back. I opened my lips and searched my mind for the appropriate sequence of the words of the ritual, I've said, "Blo---", when someone touched my shoulder, it was so cold and I was so afraid to open my eyes. But then, my Mom spoke, "What are you doing here in the middle of the night? Go back to your room and sleep". Hay, I was almost there, almost!

Now, it is again the 30th day of April, and I'm thinking, thinking so hard that it blows my mind. Hay, I'm ready and now, there's no really turning back.

I did not sleep, I waited for midnight to come, the candle is already in my hand and there's no one who could stop me for I am alone, home alone. I ran down the stairs so fast, faced in front of the mirror and smiled. I am again here in this setting and by this time, everything will be smoothly done.
I closed my eyes, the blood rushing, the heart beating are intensified in my ear, it is a nice music.
"Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, where are you, show me the man I'm going to marry in the future, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary". Alas, a strong wind strucked me, and I know from my mind that the candle is still. I opened my eyes, and surprise to see the candle lighted. No way, that's it, the reason why it all gone wrong, for I forgot one thing; to light the candle but it's not too late because the ritual was said and the face in the mirror was doubled.

I leaned near the mirror, this is the horror I know I'm going to see, the truth I'm looking for, the thing I'm gonna witnessed. Standing there behind me, is a man, with blood in his face, staring at  me sharply, and smiling devilishly. He is so life-like phantom and it blew me away. I'm gonna die, he's going to get me. No, I'm gonna die!!!

Yes, there's no turning back for I did not turned back three years ago and I did not lighted the candle that's why everything gone wrong. Yes, I did not turned back and I was taken away. My mother did not saw me, it was him and I was dead, that's why I'm home alone.



© Copyright 2010 H.R.C.starsparks (h.r.c.sparks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730922-The-Eve-of-May