*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731244-No-name-yet
Rated: · Sample · Action/Adventure · #1731244
This idea that kept bugging me, so I wrote it down. I'm wondering if it's good or not...
    I was ready to go to sleep when I heard this strange noise coming from outside. I released the cover I was going to get under and went to the window, but I guess what happened was already over. It took me a second to turn around and head for bed, but something caught my eye, so I stared in the darkness looking for a clue of what it had been. After about five minutes I called myself an idiot and finally went to sleep.
    When I was a little girl I had these weird nightmares, that someone was carrying me out of my home. She was wearing a leather jacket, probably an old one because I felt the, normally smooth material, now scratching my cheek. I could also feel the smell of cigarettes on her and a very strange but familiar perfume. Her face was hidden from me, but I know I was scared and too afraid to move, while I hoped one of my parents would come and take me from her. They didn't and I didn't end up with that strange woman either.
    Out of the corner of the house across the street a shadow moved so quickly, I barely had time to notice it and after that, for a brief moment, I had the unexplained feeling that someone was watching me. When the woman carrying me spoke she distracted me and as she warned me to stay quiet I tried to remember if I ever heard that voice before. Then out of nowhere she dropped me as she fell on her back a few steps away from me and got up so fast that she became a blur to my staring eyes. I could not distinguish what I was looking at, but a few seconds later it was all over and it got very quiet. I tried to get up, but I was too scared and stunned to move. And then he turned around. He had been hidden by the shadows cast by the tree at the edge of our front lawn, but now he had me paralyzed with his staring red eyes. He slowly came towards me and I wanted to scream, but nothing came out and then I would wake up screaming and sweating, like I did just now.
      The nightmare had been gone for years, but now it was back again with the same clarity as if I never stopped having it. My parents tried everything possible to figure out, without success, where it came from, but eventually I stopped dreaming about it. Despite this I managed to grow up quite normal I could say. I fit in everywhere, because I was sociable, everyone seemed to like me and I loved company or at least as far as my parents knew. Lets face it when you dream for years on end that you're being kidnapped from you're own home, the place where you should feel safe, you stop being normal. It gets to you whether you like it or not, but I didn't end up that bad. So, yeah I was sociable and apparently everyone did like me, but I wanted to be alone most of the time. There was one thing though that bothered my parents and that was my line of work, because they claimed it was unsafe and here is where I can not argue with them...
© Copyright 2010 DarkDeeDee (darkdeedee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731244-No-name-yet