*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731269-wonderful-day
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1731269
Post your comments about this short story
I am malar and a graduate student who is looking for job. I gave an advertisement in a local newspaper for my job wanted. The next day I received a call from NGO which works for differently able people.

I was surprised and I am helping nature person, so I thought let me give a try. The interview date was announced.

Now I am in front of HR & Principal of the institute.

HR: Introduce yourself?

Me: I am malar, I did graduation & looking for job.

HR: have ever seen differently able people in your life?

Me: Yes, my cousin she is paralyzed.

Principal: Give a demo in class

I took some to prepare and we three went to the class. I got anxiety and quite embarrassing because I saw students with different abilities. I was thinking “whether students with Speech & Hearing Impaired will understand my teaching?”

I started taking theoretical class and it was embarrassing me. I was struggling to take class and students supported me with encouraging words and actions.

Next session was after half an hour I have to take mathematics. Now I was quite comfortable with the students and it went well.

After the demo class, I got to meet principal.

Principal: do you like this job?

Me: yes, sir.

Principal: here, you have to teach them academic lessons, apart from this you have to guide them to the right path show them the real world.

Me: yes sir.

Later I came to know that students who are all come here to study are from village, low poverty background and don’t know to use proper sign language.

Now I work here happily and every year new group of students with differently able.
© Copyright 2010 lavanya (eshwari at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731269-wonderful-day