*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731303-The-Sith-Return
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SkyDog
Rated: · Sample · Sci-fi · #1731303
This is the introduction of an RPG I'm in the process of writing. Please rate and enjoy!
Chapter One: The War Begins

The Sith had attacked. No one thought it possible that such a large force could be kept hidden from the entire galaxy. Every member of the Jedi Order was recalled to the temple on Coruscant to be reassigned. The masters now sat in the high council chambers discussing this terrible news.
“The diplomatic envoy that was sent to the Sith has been destroyed. The war has begun,” reported Master Allusis grimly upon entering the room. The entire council fell silent at this terrible news. “The Aparo Sector is being assaulted as we speak.”
“It seems as if our enemy has virtually taken the Tingel Arm. How we respond to the threat during the next few days may decide the outcome of the entire war. We must look to the defenses of our allies to ensure that they remain loyal, but if we act rashly, our allies will see the Republic as weak and they may defect to the Sith,” said Master Korr calmly. Most councilors agreed with him and began a heated argument how to counter the invasion. After the argument died down enough for one to be heard, Master Ven Zallow spoke.
“I agree with Korr. I think it wise to divert only a portion of the fleet to the Tingel Arm and determine what are possible targets for the Sith. We also should begin sending out the Shadows to gather intelligence about the enemy, their allies, and who still stands with us,” said Ven Zallow.
Throughout the entire debate, Grand Master Zym had remained silent and contemplated what to do. “Korr and Zallow are among the wisest members of our order and must be listened to. We must know the intentions of our enemy before making a concrete decision, therefore I will leave the instructions of the Shadows to Ven Zallow. Korr, I place you in charge of improving the defenses of the temple, for I fear that our enemy will strike at our heart. We must be cautious when we proceed from here. I fear these Sith are like nothing we have fought against before. This is a new war, my friends. Prepare your students for what lies ahead.” As the councilors left the room, Korr retired to his Room of a Thousand Fountains to meditate upon these dire matters.
Korr had been a faithful follower of the Jedi and had studied the history of the galaxy for many years. He was known for his great wisdom on all things and his great skill with the lightsaber. As he entered the Fountain Room, he realized that the water around him flowed at little more than a trickle. As Korr sat down in that room as he had done countless times before, he nearly fell to the ground as he finally realized something. He had studied why Revan had set out to the Unknown Regions for many years, wondering what Revan had remembered and how terrible Revan's memory could have been. Now he knew what Revan had searched for: the Sith empire. Revan, the Prodigal Knight, the savior of the galaxy, the greatest Jedi of the era, had failed.
© Copyright 2010 SkyDog (skydog13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731303-The-Sith-Return