*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731620-The-Path-of-Righteousness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Essay · Religious · #1731620
An essay about good vs evil.
There are only two ways to live; righteously or sinfully. To most, it may seem easier to do wrong than to do right by virtue of the fact that the world in this day and time is full of evil and sin. As most turn away from sin and worldly pleasure, they will be tested by the enemy to see if he could keep them on the road to perdition. Even Jesus was tested by the devil when after he fasted for forty days. Furthermore, as we walk the path to salvation, God himself will test our faith and obedience. God loves those who keep his commandments and when God tests us, he wants to build our character and strength.
The enemy is always at work, especially when you are on the path of righteousness. This devil is the master of tricknowledge: Very baffling, cunning, and insidious. He will come at you from the angle you are most weak once you begin to serve God. He may use temptation to lure you back into perdition. If your weakness was drugs, circumstances may arise and come together that are very stressful. Under these circumstances, you would have previously went to drugs to escape the stress. However, you are now walking the straight and narrow path and don't use drugs. Therefore, it is all a test. The temptation to pick up the drug maybe so strong that you may even be offered drugs for free. The enemy wants to steer you off the path. Thus, you must defeat the temptation by all means. Once you do, it will bring you even closer to God.
Hence, the devil will always target your weak points. You must always be on guard. Furthermore, as you overcome these obstacles placed in your path, you will evolve.
As you walk this path of righteousness, there may be times when God tests your faith. You could be being obedient to God and things may seem not to be going your way. There could be trouble in your marriage. You and your spouse could get into an argument over the most trivial matter. You might get fired from your job. This will, in turn, lead to finance troubles. Moreover, there could even be a death of a person dear to you. All of the aforementioned will be Gods will. He may be testing you to see if you will curse him and revert back to the ways of sin. Just stay strong and faithful and God will reward you. Once the storm is over, you will be blessed abundantly. Therefore, you must stay on the straight and narrow path to God no matter how rough it gets
© Copyright 2010 kasmoin (kingkas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731620-The-Path-of-Righteousness