*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732104-Perfect-Snow
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1732104
First kiss in a snow storm
It was the first real snow of the season. The flakes were flying around the area like a shaken snow globe, and the wind furiously whipped throughout the trees surrounding the field. Despite the severity of the cold temperatures and the harsh air speeds, she couldn’t help but think to herself how horribly majestic the whole scene was. She shivered and drew her coat further around her slender body. Sighing, she closed her eyes, and stood, perfectly still, while every sense except her sight took in the cruel beauty winter brought.
Slowly, she opened her eyes. She jumped slightly when she saw him standing there, in the middle of the soccer field with her, staring at her, inches from her flushed face. Seeing him there, with her, she warmed instantly, but also lost every thought that was racing through her mind. She couldn’t think; she could hardly breathe.
Not for the first time, her eyes traced his face for some emotion, searching for some recognition, something to let her know he cared. She searched his mysterious blue eyes, finding only wonder, and wishing she found more. Those eyes changed, recognition flooding into them, mixing with confusion and gentle amusement. Softly he spoke. "What are you searching for?"
Her surprise was genuine when he took a step toward her, and she found herself drawn to him, as though a magnetic force was pulling the two together. Even more strange, she found, was the fact that within a few seconds, their lips were pressed against each others. His strong arms enfolded her as the embrace continued.
The couple kissed as the snow swirled hard and quickly around them. When the display ended, they both stepped back, both flushed, both looking lovestruck. It was hard to imagine a more perfect first kiss.
She looked at him and said quietly, "That's what I was searching for." 
© Copyright 2010 Jazmine Euller (lovesnowflurry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732104-Perfect-Snow