*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732196-Unnamed-story-Synopsis
by Tamara
Rated: · Outline · Romance/Love · #1732196
This is the outline for the plot of a book I'm writing.
This is a brief Synopsis of the book I'm working on writing. I am no where near finished, but I'm looking for opinions on the story idea itself  would you read this book based on the overview given?  Why or Why not?





Mary and Robert have a great relationship. They have a no strings attached affair based entirely on mutual pleasure. For several months they get along great meeting up once or twice a week for a quick roll in the sack then they go on about their separate lives without expecting anything from each other.



When Roberts spoiled sister Barbara gets married she demands that he brings a date to the wedding. He reluctantly agrees and spends the next several days calling up women from his address book. Most turn him down, a couple would like to agree to go but have family and work obligations they can't get out of on such short notice. At the end of his list he realizes he's going to have to break their no strings, no favors, no exceptions rule and ask Mary to go with him.



Mary agrees. mostly because she has no other plans and he seems pretty desperate. Over the course of the next few weeks she meets his family and realizes that they really aren't that bad. A little crazy maybe but interesting and friendly none the less. A Few days before the wedding Robert drops another bomb on her...He's heir to the 4th richest family fortune in the country, he warns her only so if she recognizes some of the more renowned guest she won't embarrass the family. Mary is stunned and a little hurt that he didn't trust her enough to tell her until he had no choice. Her own bruised ego causes her to lash out and tell him to get the hell out of her house.



Over the next couple of days she comes to terms with his real identity and things get back to relatively normal. after the wedding she thinks everything is going to go back to the way it was, casual and pleasurable. Things never work out the way they are suppose to. Before the next time Mary and Robert talk his dad corners him and tells him that it's time from them to come back home; on the other side of the country.



Robert reluctantly tells Mary and they both accept their few months of fun are really over.



It doesn't take long for them to both realize that they are absolutely miserable without each other. Robert's secretary and mother arrange for Mary to come visit in order to get him out of his bad mood. but they don't tell him this.



The day Mary arrives Robert has finally had enough and is determined to go see her, to see if they have a chance at a real relationship. He goes to tell his mom his plan but when he walks into her house there's Mary sitting on the couch reading a book.



Mary has two weeks vacation she's cashing in on this trip so she's going to be there for a while. Two days before she's suppose to catch the flight home He proposes.



Blah, Blah, Blah....They live happily ever after. The end.
© Copyright 2010 Tamara (tamarahaddock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732196-Unnamed-story-Synopsis