*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732557-Hall-of-Figures
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1732557
'Hall of Figures' is based on twin telepathy.
The hallway was silent and motionless. Every step she took was like a sharp pain of coldness going up her bare feet. Dragging along her badly damaged pink and brown bear, Emma slowly made her way to the crooked door.

Emma raised her hand for the handle of the door just as her eyes skimmed past the old grandfather clock when it struck midnight. Turning the handle on the door she noticed a shiny bright light just as she was opening it.

The light got even brighter as she opened the old creeky door but within the bright light stood a glowing red figure. Emma didn't know if she was scared or excited all she knew is that she was astonished with what she had seen. As she got closer and closer to the shiny red figure it started to fade.

The red figure was pointing to a picture of a girl with long curly black hair with piercing green eyes and engraving the top right hand corner 'Hall of Figures'.

It all seemed quite confusing to her until she saw the matching red and silver moon pendant around the girls pale neck. Emma gently caressed her neck to feel where her pendant is and noticed it was the exact same. Emma thought to herself There is only one person with that same pendant........Debbie!

The red figure then pointed to a shining waterfall with Debbie standing at the very top with her arms wide open before disappearing into thin air.  Emma knew in her heart that the red figure was trying to give her a sign, to try and let her heart be at piece for the first time in her life.

Emma and Debbie are identical twins, they are seventeen years but there is a ten minute difference between them, Debbie is older. Both with beautiful long curly black hair and piercing green eyes, they stood pale skinned with there matching red and silver moon pendants. The moon pendants were given to them at a very young age by their grandmother who died before they were born but she left the girls a moon pendant each so they would have something to remember her by.

Just as Emma turned around she noticed that the old crooked door had closed. Her eyes tensed as her hair whipped round to look at the waterfall were Debbie was standing. Emma's face then turned even paler than usually as she sees Debbie falling towards the end of the waterfall. Emma shot her hand out in a desperate attempt to try and help but before she could it was too late Debbie was already over the edge.

Suddenly a sharp pain shot up Emma's back and before she knew it she woke up sweating in her bed with her red alarm clock reading half past five in the morning. Wiping the sweat from her forehead-she looked at her bedside table with the picture of her and Debbie. Picking up the picture, she stroked the edges while a sparkling tear rolled down her soft cheek- I miss you so much Emma whispered while wiping the glittery from her cheek.
© Copyright 2010 Scarlet Dimitri (chebtasticx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732557-Hall-of-Figures