*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733239-Cold-Sky
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Dark · #1733239
Cold, ice, night sky.
Tonight.

I am here. In the wintry cold I am falling into the iron piercing ground. My strength has fallen and my broaden arm fails me. I see the sun as it has fallen into the dark steps of the night sky. The air around is foggy from what life I have left. It is cold. Blood is left dripping and freezing.

As much as I want to move to save my self, my soul, my only joy that I had given left... I could not. I am slowly rolling, facing the truth of last impact and I am scared.

I tried, I tried. I thought I tried the best I had. I came to all that was left and I looked into myself with nothing there, with my faults holding me tight. I whispered with my eyes closed shut and I prayed. I couldn't tell where I was facing but I knew that in time my head would begin to slip. Down I collapsed.

I began to swell and a fiery red burn from my eyes came, with fear and sickness. I was ashamed and I cried for all I could. I couldn't go up, I couldn't do what was needed and I was left to this night feeling that all that was left would be gone and finally taken. I did not want it to die and I did not want to be the ghost of nothing, alone and frozen cold.

Right here I will be waiting and I knew that was all I could do, to mourn in the silence, alone and on the ground. I took a fierce chilled breath and tried to look up as best I could. I saw the last light and whispered again. My tears were dried into ice along my dirty lips. I could taste the metallic flesh of my wounds. I began to cough with shivers and rolled my eyes back into my realm with a dieing sunken head.

I waited and laid still. I could see the face, the one I already knew. From so long ago I remembered. I felt it ripped and I could do nothing to not left go, tonight.

© Copyright 2010 Miles Bell (monkeydude1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733239-Cold-Sky