*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733422-You-Wish
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1733422
A spoiled little brat finally gets her wish, but it's not what she expected!
    “No?” “No.” The teens face reddened in frustration as her lower lip pouched out into a childish pout. “ But daddy!” “ I said no and that’s final!” The tired man had made up his mind and he wouldn’t here anymore of his daughter’s constant whining. That was his wife’s job. Flicking his wrist in dismissal, he turned his attention back to his paper. Miller tossed her head full of mocha locks indignantly. Her father was always a pain when it came to listening to his daughter. He wasn’t the dependable one. “ Mother!,” she cried out resembling the shriek of a five year old. The little brat stomped all the way into her mother’s dressing room where she was doing her make-up in the mirror. The dark blues that made up her mom’s eye shadow created a dead look as it contrasted against her pale sharp features. The diva ignored her daughter and added some bright red blush to her cheeks. “Mom! Are you listening?” “No, not really honey.,” she admitted, applying burgundy color to her lips. “Well, Start! I have the best idea in the whole entire world!” Miller’s light brown eyes sparkled as her mind wrapped around what she was about to reveal. Her parents wouldn’t be able to say no. “You do now?,” he mother asked in her I’m-not-really-listening tone.” I should have a boyfriend!”
         “Nooooo!,” her dad’s scream reverberated off the walls in the big house. Miller flinched. Mom dropped her lipstick. “But Da-” “No! why do you want a boyfriend? Why do you need a boyfriend? You’re still a little girl!” Her dad had flown in the room faster than the speed of sound, and he was old! “ No I’m not! I’m sixteen, but how would you know? You’ve missed my birthday for the past four years! Besides, I’m a woman now. Do you wanna know how that happened?” How dare her dad control her life when he had never been in it? Her dad shook with rage and embarrassment, and looked towards his wife for guidance. “Well…what your father is trying to say honey…is…well.” Miller squinted her eyes, waiting for the correct answer. “ We just don’t think you’re ready for a relationship.” Miller threw up her hands and laughed. “Of course you don’t! You never think I’m ready for anything! You don’t even know me!”
         Frustrated and disappointed, Miller shoved passed her parents before they could say anything more about what they thought her life should be like. “BAM!” The doors frame shook as wood hit wood. She dropped onto her bed and stared up at the ceiling. She wasn’t a child anymore. Why the heck was her room still swallowed  in pink? She was sixteen and her parents hadn’t even been around to see it happen. Though Miller was willing to fully ignore her parent’s wishes, there was no boy. As much as she would have liked for someone to fantasize about her and love her, there was no such person.
         Miller swallowed the growing lump in her throat and curled up on the edge of her bed. She was just lonely. Why couldn’t they understand that? A boyfriend would keep her out of there hair and she would have someone to hang out with. She yearned for love and care. All she needed was a “ How are you?” every now and than. A single crystal tear dropped from the corner of her eyes onto the pink silk pillow of her bed. “ I wish,” she whispered pleadingly. “ That there was someone out there for me, and that they would come here just to love me.”
         Wishes don’t naturally come true , but when they do there is a price.
© Copyright 2010 Shiney Day (eyesee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733422-You-Wish