*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733857-An-Intellegent-Responce-to-Twi-Hards
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Opinion · #1733857
I'm trying to be civil, here.
Here are a few of my problems with Twilight:

The "Vegetarianism": What makes a vampire a vampire is that they must slake their thirst for human blood. Aversion to sunlight, repulsion by holy objects, and no reflections can be bargained with, if you do your research, which Meyer publicly announced she did not, but the defining characteristic of a vampire is that they must consume human blood. I could go on and on about the symbolism that goes through every culture about human blood as life's greatest gift, but I doubt you're willing to listen to such.

Descriptions: While about half the book is spent ranting about Edward's chagrined Adonis-like appearance, with perfect amber eyes, and flawless sparkling skin, Bella gets about as much description as a Lego brick. She is not so much as a character, but a second skin for the reader to step into and experience Edward's abusive "love." This would be fine if Meyer kept this to herself, but broadcasting her sexual fantasies to just about every one is pretty awful.

The Sparkles: There is absolutely no reason for a character created for someone over the age of five to sparkle. Even then, the sparkles should signify either glamour or a force of pure good. Also, solar energy still reaches the earth on a cloudy day. That's why we can see, and don't freeze to death every time a cloud comes by. Meyer does nothing to recognize this. On a clear day, Edward is lit up like a disco ball, whilst when it is overcast, he's sprinkle-free.

High School Cover-up: This speaks for itself. Why would someone go through high school over and over if they had no intention of forming relationships? Charslie (assuming that's the name...) could have always claimed the Cullens were home schooled, or simply dropped out. It's quite easy to have the system forget you, and doubly so in fiction. (This would be the easiest point to rebute, as authors must sometimes use stupid scenarios to get the story started, and school works quite well, especially if you are an amateur.)

I could go on, but, frankly, I don't think you've read this far. If you have, you might want to think about actually responding in kind. That would be a first for me, so.....

Astound me.
© Copyright 2010 Lady Blade (strigoi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733857-An-Intellegent-Responce-to-Twi-Hards